GlenDronach is a historically significant and well-loved Single Malt whisky produced in the village of Forgue, near Huntly in Aberdeenshire in the Scottish Highlands. The original homestead, Glen House, was built in 1771 and the distillery was added in 1826 by its founder James Allardice. The distillery changed hands several times before coming under the control of Teacher and Sons, producers of a popular blend, in 1960. Glendronach's output was an important part of the Teacher's blend through the next four decades, until the facility was mothballed in 1996. It was reopened by Allied Distillers in 2001 and passed into the ownership of Pernod-Ricard's Chivas Brothers arm in 2006, before being bought by the Benriach Distillery Company in 2008. The Benriach group, including Glendronach and Glengassaugh distilleries, were acquired by the Brown-Forman corporation in 2016.