The story of Armagnac Delord begins in 1893. Prosper, itinerant distiller and cellar master, leads his still from farm to farm in order to transform white wine into Armagnac. It was the sons of Prosper, Gaston and Georges, who created the Maison d'Armagnac Delord Frères in Lannepax, in the Gers. Producers, distillers and merchants, they gradually sold their Bas-Armagnacs from Gascony in the United States. In 1963, Jacques, Gaston’s son, continued the adventure and was joined ten years later by Pierre, his brother. Since 2001, Sylvain and Jérôme, Jacques' two sons, have formed the establishment's new siblings; one produces, tastes and blends, and the other promotes it.
The 42-hectare vineyard is divided into 11 plots and is made up of the four traditional Armagnac grape varieties (Ugni Blanc, Colombard, Baco and Folle Blanche). The four grape varieties are harvested, pressed and vinified separately in the winery. Delord is one of the only Armagnac houses to use both methods of distillation: the continuous distillation typical of Armagnac and the double-heated distillation. The cellars have more than 1,000 barrels and a dozen oak casks which ripen and protect Armagnac eaux-de-vie dating from the 20th century to the present day. The oldest vintages are kept in Bonbonne (carboy), protected from light, in a room called Paradise.